Tuesday 23 May 2017

2017....A new Chapter....(ish)

The love of my life, my one true first love, yes we do have a love / hate relationship over the many years but every relationship has it's ups and downs right?  You just need a little space from each other from time to time to appreciate one another again and then your both back on track again....London.

So it is now 2017, how long have I had this blog now? Even I don't know!  But here I am, new year, new hair do (I chopped all my hair off...and a few people out of my life)....And a new job!

I am now based in Soho, and I have to say by each day I am falling more and more in love with it.
It is quite dangerous being based by Oxford Circus, but what is even more better and probably the best bit I am surrounded by my close friends who I can pop out and grab a casual coffee with instead of having to arrange a dinner date weeks in advance.

It is quite exciting being based so central, everything is walking distance, however over Christmas it had been a nightmare to cope with!

I have absolutely no travel plans this year, 2017 really is a blank canvas for me and I really like that fact.  Last year I squashed so many things and plans I think this is the year I literally am taking things day by day.

One thing that will never change is of coarse the photography side of things, I need to get more into that side of things and keep up with this blog!

An amazing thing about Soho is...FOOD! Lord-a-mercy! Where do I start and when will my list of places end? I feel like I have started the year with my purse getting skinny and my lil belly getting not so lil anymore! But I'm also in that #YOLO frame of mind and think to myself 'If not now, when?'.

One place that I have been going to quite often (at least once a week #guilty !) is The Kati Roll Company.  This place makes roti's like yo mama I'm telling you! You can either get a single or double (Which is two singles). I love the interior with all the classic old bollywood style posters, but even better they churn out some proper old school classic bollywood tunes!

One of my amazing fabulous friends Jen has mentioned (quite a few times) about Yorica, which makes THE BEST VEGAN TREATS in London town HANDS DOWN! From Diary free milk shakes, ice creams and fro-yos added with waffles or selection of delightful toppings such as chocolate brownies to vegan jelly sweets and of coarse fresh fruit!  Now I'm the sort of person who would eat an ice cream even if it was -10c outside. I had fro-yo mix of vanilla & chocolate added with strawberries and mango's.  Yes even in cold January it brought back a summery mix!

FOLLOW JEN NOW!!!!!!

http://winfriendswithsalad.com/

Being around Soho, I am wondering around the many side streets and being able to discover short cuts and other wonderful gems along the way.  That is one thing I do not take advantage of about London, each borough in London seems to hold its own little treasures. From food, to graffiti art to people who work and reside in them.

Currently on Broadwick street there is an amazing pop up store which has funded an amazing cause. Just on their very window I love what their mission statement stands for:



This gem of a find has amazing clothes, accessories and all types of new and old things, I did make a purchase of an amazing tote bag


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continued 23rd May 2017 (Disgusting I know!.....I wrote all the above in January 2017 and ONLY now picked up my lap top!  Work has been pretty busy and keeping me away from blogging...And lazyness.....Yes my hair is still short but now want it longer and yes I'm still single! Ha....(Some things never change!)

Also moving away from the hipster kooky cramped streets of Soho and now moving off to Mayfair next week.....So all in all still in busy London and to be honest would not change it......(For now that is).

I have been to a few places around town and I would say the best way to keep up with me would be on my instagram account,

https://www.instagram.com/chat_noir_londres/?hl=en

I will try and blog more of the places I have been around town since I have become a bit more boring and well tierd of the whole dating game lol.

Mind you....Although I have not been active most of the year it always makes me smile seeing the page views and locations of where you all are and just seeing that today has given me drive to write and say more.....I guess one thing about being single.....We all miss having that someone to check if you are ok, have someone to listen to you, have someone you can share the silly little things you see daily and they just get it...Having someone to say good night to........I guess this blog has always been a way I could share things.....And well you guess....Have always been there to read and take a moment to see what I have to say.....And just wanted to say Thank you to you all.....(9000 hits!) That means so much and I have to promise to write more for you all.....xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment