Monday 24 February 2014

When do you know to stop looking.......

The search continues as always....

Its tough out there I tell you....real tough.....a whole sea full of single male and females mingling, interacting and de-interacting......and then moving on to the next.

When you think you have met someone who you think you have got some sort of common ground and understanding, at what point do things progress.

For some reason I will have banter with someone, then conversation and then meet up and then the banter can continue....and then fizzles.....I give myself a few days to re-adjust and then end up going back on the sites.....only to see them active already!!

A prime example of this......a fire man....who ended up getting burned himself!....So after my last episode of the 35 year old throwing a strop and leaving me there and then meet up, a few days after I put myself back online....This good looking 5''11 built 34 year old fire man messaged me and was quite charming, informing me that he had only joined the site 3 days ago and that he saw my profile and had to message me....we got bantering on there and eventually he asked if I used whats app and we then exchanged numbers.

I had another busy weekend and had been catching up with friends and family and then as the usual banter between close friends go ''how's the search going etc''....and then I mentioned ''Ohh well this guy has been messaging, 34, a fire man and tall....and before I could finish my dear friend jumped! And told me his name.....and I though....oh sh.....She then pulled her phone out and showed me his photo!!! And explained that her other friend had been chatting to him.....and was due to meet him in two days time.....I thought ooh....I shall back off....and left it at that......then I asked how long had they been chatting, she then said over a week....and off the same site....to which I just stared and looked at her and said...Oh?....As he had mentioned that he had just joined three days ago....*we both look at each other big eyed with a confused 'Oh' face.....*

I left it at as I knew the mutual friend was to be meeting this guy which was a Monday......come Sunday morning I receive a message with a smiley face 'Morning how are you? How has your weekend been? I have been busy'' (Clearly you have been Mr).....I chose to ignore his message either way.....another close friend of mine had been informed of all of the on goings on and found it amusing....

Come Tuesday morning, my friend said she met Mr Fireman and they got on like a house on fire (literally)....even before they had met he had called her and was showing all the signs of being committed and interested .....and her friend seemed happy and I was glad as I had not heard anything from the guy.....come lunch time the latter close friend (we are a group of three close friends...yes all single) messaged in our whats app group message a screen shot of a message she had received on the same dating site saying ''Is THIS HIM??'' To which me and my other friend said YES!!! And low and be hold he had messaged her and my friend being articulate and cunning as she is, wrote something along the lines 'how are you finding this site, some guys tend to treat it as a sweetie shop with all the girls on here''.....to which he asked her if she had any bad experiences, in which she said no and asked him on purpose if he had met anyone from this site...his reply was this....''yes I met someone at the weekend but she was not my cup of tea''...He even messaged me that evening also......we where all fuming.....there was THREE of us and this guy was giving it the large one.......

Yes there was no commitment and everything, but it does make me think when you meet someone and you think you are special....with one eye on you.....how far is the other eye wondering?

I have to say all of my single friends are amazing catches and any guy to have them would be lucky....heck if I where a rich Arab I would marry all three of them!!!

We did actually think of arrange him to meet the first friend of ours and just have all of us turn up and say hi and see his face.....but it all came to an end before that as he was sent all of our messages from our friend who he had met....he had the cheek to DENY it all and said all this happened BEFORE he spoke and met her!!?!

I think that is the risk of online dating.....maybe it is like being in a sweet shop / Mathai shop where I think guys have their pick of anything!!

I would not write it off...as its good to experience however I just hope my hear will recognise who he is, and he recognises mine too......I might just go check out the cash and curry...I mean Carry.....see what I can pick up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment