Sunday 10 August 2014

It's been a long time (long time), I shouldn't of left you (left you), Without a dope beat to step to (step to, step to, step to, step to). ;)

Hellooooooooooo / Salaaaaaaam!!

Its been a VERYYYYYYYYYY long time I know!!!

In June I spent some precious time back in the mother land and more important with my precious pearl me Nani / Grandmother.  She is amazing and I am always in awe of her, I love sitting and chatting to her and I am always grateful and envious of my cousins who live so close to her as alas she is half way across the planet from me. But as always it was fun, yet always so hard leaving her.....of coarse I heard the words of

''When will I hear the news of you getting married, you are the only one left''. Every she says such things I have a huge lump in my throat as I get quite emotional when I hear her say such things.  Another thing that gets me emotional, is how she speaks of my Nana / Grandfather..(he has since passed away unfortunately)...how she says he was a good man, was a gentleman, never swore at her once.....it made me think, and I can speak for myself I have a bit of a potty mouth at times, but I do not think I have ever sworn at anyone to be spiteful....yet I have seen people these days hide and cover their true feelings as an easy way to protect themselves by using hurtful language...its like once things are said, they cannot be taken back.  Yes you can forgive, but does not mean you cannot forget.  But a true gentleman would never do such a thing, and I think these days that is such a rarity in itself.

Speaking to my Nani made me realise how things where back then and how solid their relationship was. And yes they did indeed have an arranged marriage, looking back at my Nana he was so laid back and a joker, he used to shuffle dance around the house like Bill Cosby in the The Cosby show.... :)  But with his laid back jokey mood and my Nani's sensible-ness it was amusing seeing them together and how my Nana would wind my Nani up, lovingly and seeing that was always lovely, heart warming.  I just hope I find an inch of what my grandparents had and what my parents have and I will be forever thankful and grateful.  She did say one thing to me......She hopes I find someone who I love just as much as I love her.....and that indeed got a lump in my throat.......

Naturally being back home, every single family I saw there spoke of the 'M' word....Marriage!!   All I could say was ''It will happen when it happens''....

Upon my return it was head on into Ramadaan, which I will not lie, I did find hard this year, but managed to soldier on!

It is now full blown wedding season, and yes I have weddings to be part of and attend! Wedding meetings, Mehendis, Nikkah and Wedding reception, takes me right up to September!

However today I got a call from one of my friends aunties (who I had met at a wedding) and she informed me about a lady.....lets call her Aunty Rishta / Aunty Cilla Black...well I was given her number and I called this afternoon and introduced myself....to which I was told...'Oh hello...would you mind calling in about 15 minutes as there is a general knowledge quiz on TV and if I could call back later......(or maybe one of them Indian drama's on Star Plus was on and dint want to be disturbed like my mum gets absorbed into them!).  So I waited and called, she seemed like a nice lady and asked me questions like full name, where I live and age and then asked.....''what is your skin tone colour''....I was like excuse me!!!?? She said are you fair? Dark? I was like errmmm to be honest I don't look into the colour of someone but she said she gets a lot of people who she has previously spoken to, still do tend to ask....so again she asked 'What colour would you say you are?'' I was like erm...well I have tanned quite a bit.....but I'm not dark, the next thing I hear she says in a slow (while writing on a piece of paper) ''Sun Tanned''....I was like er...ohh...What else could I say??

So she said she will get back to me in a few days...which is fine and I sent her some photo's of myself also.....

I shall keep you all posted, and once again sorry its been ages! And I promise to post more often, I feel like I have left gaps here and there, but when things crop up I shall blog this!!!

Ooooh and another thing I am now on Instagram! Follow me on Halaalchickinthecity !!! :)


I shall leave you with this parting gift....which indeed did have me ''On the floor''.....rolling around laughing!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment